Hello from Tennessee

JennJWarren

Chirping
Mar 28, 2023
West Tennessee
Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jennifer and my family and I are going to be chicken owners tomorrow. My youngest daughter BEGGED us to participate in the 4-H poultry program. I'm not sure if it is the same everywhere but in our area that means she will be receiving 20 chicks tomorrow. We will raise them and in August or September there will be a show at our local farmers market where she will bring 6 to be judged and then auctioned. We can do as we like with the other 14 (assuming they all live, here's hoping). Y'all, to say I'm nervous would be an understatement!! I have read everything I possibly can online to learn about raising chicks but we have no hands on experience. I am looking forward to learning from this group and being apart of this community.

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jennifer and my family and I are going to be chicken owners tomorrow. My youngest daughter BEGGED us to participate in the 4-H poultry program. I'm not sure if it is the same everywhere but in our area that means she will be receiving 20 chicks tomorrow. We will raise them and in August or September there will be a show at our local farmers market where she will bring 6 to be judged and then auctioned. We can do as we like with the other 14 (assuming they all live, here's hoping). Y'all, to say I'm nervous would be an understatement!! I have read everything I possibly can online to learn about raising chicks but we have no hands on experience. I am looking forward to learning from this group and being apart of this community.
Welcome to BYC!!

Welcome to the community, Jennifer! It's great to hear that you and your family are becoming chicken owners and participating in the 4-H poultry program. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity for your daughter to learn responsibility and valuable life skills.

If you have any specific questions or concerns, feel free to ask. This community is full of experienced chicken keepers who are always happy to share their knowledge and advice. Best of luck to you and your family as you embark on this exciting new adventure!

Back
Top Bottom