Hello from Texas!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LizzieD, Jun 18, 2016.

1. LizzieD

LizzieD Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    My boyfriend and I are newbie chicken owners. We treat them as pets, and eat their eggs. They free range part of the time and live in a secured coop and run while we are not around. We have a black bearded silkie, golden laced wyandotte, red frizzle bantam, and 4 new chicks (Cuckoo Maran, Americana, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Easter Egger). We have a big back yard and lots of veggies for them to eat. Love our little flock!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, and good luck with your flock.

3. limited25

limited25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2016
    Oklahoma
    I love the breeds of chickens you chose. Our first 5 we purchased all RIRs and when chicken math hit (recently) we got 5 more ... this time all different breeds. Love looking at all the different kinds and colors together.

[​IMG]

4. lovemy6hens

lovemy6hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2013
    Central Texas
    Welcome to BYC!

5. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

Jun 15, 2016
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]
    Hi Lizzie! I am so happy you joined us here at BYC! I wanted to formerly welcome you to our roost! I love that unique collection you have there very interesting breeds. I am happy you are using you chickens for the free Sunday breakfast method! If you are newbies like you said then dont worry our Learning Center has plenty of articles for chicken raisers whether new or old. I will leave that link here https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center Make sure your chickens dont get to hot in Texas, I know it can get very hot down there. Fell free to wander around our forums and ask as many questions as you wish! I hope you enjoy your time here at BYC and remember to post updates on you and your flock here https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/40/family-life-stories-pictures-updates I wish you and yoir flock the best of luck! And stay cool!
    Justin

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Lizzie, sounds like your birds are living in chicken heaven. I hope they appreciate it. Good luck with your flock, and Welcome to Backyard chickens.

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by