Hello from Texas!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TXCountryGal, May 13, 2010.

1. TXCountryGal

TXCountryGal Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2010
    I am new to the site as well as chickens. I have 6 Barred Rocks, 9 RIR and 3 Buff Orpingtons - all 4 months old. Today I got 14 baby Silver Sebrights and I am so excited!! I wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone!![​IMG]

Christine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Morri

Morri what's quackalackin?

Jan 8, 2010
    Australia
    HELLO!!!!! [​IMG] from Australia....

wow u have a very pretty mixed colour flock!!! and those chicks are so adorable!!!! [​IMG]

would u mind sending them here if i pay the postage ?? [​IMG]

and the warning to this website is IT IS AN ADDICTION!! [​IMG] so be careful ..... they need byc withdrawel patches.......

have fun and u will learn heaps here!

3. TXCountryGal

May 12, 2010
    Thanks Morri for the welcome! I am so excited to have these new babies I don't think I could part with them...[​IMG] I waited for them for over a month and a half. Seems like an eternity when you really want something! Hope all is well in Australia and hope to talk to you again!

4. the lone rhubarb

the lone rhubarb Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG] Hello from Missouri!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

5. TXCountryGal

May 12, 2010
    Thanks for the welcome Lone Rhubarb! I see you have RIR and Barred Rocks as well, how old are your chickens??

6. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    Hi I am from Texas too!! We have a small menagerie flock and a couple of ducks...well 2 pigs, a goat, a cow, and a dog too lol. Welcome to BYC. Lots of great info and really nice folks on here from all over!!!

7. TXCountryGal

May 12, 2010
    Thanks to you too for the welcome the4heathernsmom! AI have already found a few folks that have been VERY helpful in identifying 2 chicks given to me by a friend that could not remember what he was told they were called. As I stated I am new to all of this, only had chickens for 4 months now and have already learned a few things on my own [​IMG] BUT could certainly use advise from those who have been it much longer than I have!! Look forward to talking with you sometime!!

8. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    Sounds great!!! Always someone around to talk to anytime day or night. They really are addictive!!! I love it on here and hope you do too !!!!

9. TXCountryGal

May 12, 2010
    I have already gotten the addiction not only for the chicks but as well the page...and I just signed up yesterday.....I thought Facebook was bad for me...LOL

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Christine! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by