Hello from Texas

cdlittleton

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 11, 2011
DFW
We came across this site when we decided we wanted to add chickens to our family. We got some great ideas for building our coop. We got 4 chicks, one for each of our children. 1 Barred Rock (Chica), 1 EE (Cocoa - turned out to be a roo), and 2 RIRs (Buffy & Rosey). We're enjoying having them and all their personality! We were sad to see Cocoa go though because we're not allowed roosters where we live (DFW area). He started crowing this weekend so we took him back to the feed store where we got him and one of the workers there fell in love and said he was taking him home! lol Our chicks are 12wks old today!

welcome-byc.gif
from a fellow Texan!!! I am not far from yall over here in east Texas (Winnsboro). This site is great!!! Lots of very nice and knowledgable people from all over!!! It is very helpfull in all areas of poultry raising as well as a ton of other things and topics too!!! Good to see ya and glad you joined!!!
thumbsup.gif

We're worried that our RIRs (Buffy & Rosey) might be boys too.
hit.gif
We know Chica (BR) is girl. Don't know what we'll do if we are only left with her. She's the sweetest chick ever and calls for the others if she gets lost from them in the yard. What do you think about our RIR's? Roos?
86155_june_2011_066.jpg

86155_june_2011_062.jpg

86155_june_2011_043.jpg

welcome-byc.gif
not to give too much false hope, but my red cockerals's comb was way bigger at 8-10 weeks, so maybe . . . I will keep my fingers crossed for you, my girls are 12 weeks and have some wattles and combs that are red now, nothing like the little tyrant though!

Ps edited to add post that pic in gender and breed now that you can post, lots of experienced eyes there!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom