Hello from the desert!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lilredpixie, Apr 6, 2016.

1. lilredpixie

lilredpixie New Egg

Feb 16, 2016
    Hello everyone! So excited to be a part of this community.
    This is my first time raising chickens. We have 2 Rhode Island Reds and 2 Barred Rocks.
    I got them as chicks on Feb. 27th, and am still not sure what their sexes are. But im hoping for 3 hens and 1 rooster.
    Ive discovered that they have A LOT of personality. They do not like anything in the shade of blue. They love plain yogurt mixed with their food. A tip a friend gave me. And they really love chasing my 8 year old, and surprisingly, they seem to enjoy when he chases them.
    I originally got them thinking if i have more than one rooster i could always eat one of them. After a month and a half, i cant even imagine the idea of not having all four of them.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Please post photos of them at "what breed or gender is this." It's best to know.

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to have you onboard with us.

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken keepers - loads of info on anything chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
    CT

4. lilredpixie

lilredpixie New Egg

Feb 16, 2016
    [​IMG]

5. lilredpixie

lilredpixie New Egg

Feb 16, 2016
    [​IMG]

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by