Hello from the high Desert in Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CowboysAngel, Mar 13, 2013.

1. CowboysAngel

CowboysAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Hi, I'm technically new here, as I just joined but I have been visiting the site for over a year now. I found the site, after doing some frantic searching as to why two of my day old chicks from the store up and died on me...Turned out thanks to information from this site the poor lil things had pasty butt, I sure wish the guy had given out a short instruction sheet with my chicks. But all was not lost, I was able to catch it on one of my two remaining Americana's and saved her little life.

Now I have 16 chickens...1 Americana Roo, 1 Americana hen, 2 Rhode island red hens, 2 gold sex link hens, 1 mystery hen...she was my first, i got her as an adult and the owner had no clue what she is and I don't either..., 1 buff orpington, 5 Americana crosses...They were hatched out by one of the Rhode island reds in December, but I can't guarantee they were all her eggs, they tend to share nesting spots, she had disappeared around the 1st of December and I thought she was dead till she showed up outta the blue with 11 lil babies in tow...we lost 5 to illness, and 1 to a skunk (dh shot him). And tonight I brought home one Sussex, and a Cochin/Maran Cross (if I understood the lady right) and 1 more mystery roo that is half the size of Doc, he has a few feathers on his legs and 5 toes but no spurs, his tail feathers are a cream color laced with a kinda reddish gold at the base of his tail between the bottom of where his wings meet on his back he has a puff of white fluff that reminds me of silkies...and smaller than most of my hens, but that doesn't stop him any...

I'll post pics of the mystery's and the babies in the appropriate thread when I get a chance.

I also got a Bronze Jake, he;ll be a year in July, and Two Bronze hens, one is about a year, the other is about 3....

I've apparently gone bird crazy...lol I also want ducks, and geese...

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, CowboysAngel, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined us! Sounds like you have some great chickens! Best of luck and have fun!

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] from New Mexico!

Glad to have you aboard!

6. CowboysAngel

CowboysAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Thanks all! Glad to Be here! [​IMG]

7. Kevin565