1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from the homestead

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by scottishsong, Sep 21, 2015.

1. scottishsong

scottishsong Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2015
    Hi everyone! Been a reader for awhile now and finally decided to join up. My husband and I have a small farm in Northeast Oklahoma. We started out with some Rhode Island Red hens and rooster as well as a few Buff Orpingtons but have just added some Plymouth Barred Rock chicks and one handsome mixed breed rooster. Everyone is getting along very well, even the roosters have peacefully integrated! We also have some Guinea fowl who think they are part of the flock and I suppose they are since they all roost together at night. Thanks for taking the time to read this and get to know me a little. I've included a photo of my wee Rita Skeeter who follows me everywhere, always chattering and trilling away at me with the latest chicken yard gossip.

[​IMG]

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I can see Rita really does love to' bend your ear.' Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock.

1 person likes this.
  3. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Welcome! Love the screen name - my favorite Scottish song is Wark o' the Weaver! (Just thought I'd throw that in for no particular reason except that that's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw your name!) [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. scottishsong

Sep 21, 2015
    Thanks to you both for the greeting! As for the username, my heritage is Scottish and my husband is from Falkirk, Scotland so needless to say, it's a big part of my life! I suppose my favorite Scottish song (if I had to pick one) is Wild mountain thyme (also known as Will ye go lassie go).

5. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    We have a strong Scottish history here too, so I'm delighted to meet you. At last year's Robbie Burns celebration there was a young girl of about 14 who sang Will Ye Go, Lassie, Go and knocked us all out of our seats. She was amazing.

6. scottishsong

Sep 21, 2015
    Such a great song, inspires an emotional reaction for sure. Funny thing about it, it was written by an Irishman with Scottish heritage but was written about Scotland. It is often mistaken for an Irish song as a result! Either way though, it would be one of my favorite songs ever.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by