Hello from the Mallee

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by moonyah, Feb 15, 2017.

1. moonyah

moonyah Just Hatched

Feb 15, 2017
    Oakvale, Victoria
    Hi there,
    I'm a newbie not only to chickens, but also to online forums. I have a lot of learning to do in both departments, so please be patient with me!!
    I live in the Mallee in North West Victoria, Australia. We own a small farm with a growing menagerie of family pets, to which we have recently added some lovely chickens (5 Lohmann Browns and 2 Naked Neck Frizzles)
    I'm totally amazed by the different personalities already showing in these beautiful girls and wondering how I have not welcomed these entertaining little creatures into my life sooner.
    I look forward to learning as much as possible from all of you fellow chicken people.
    Thanks for having me. [​IMG]

2. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
  3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's nice to have you here!

The Learning Center has a lot of good articles that will get you off on the right foot. Also, the Search feature can help you find information.

To get more information on how BYC functions, you can click on the Forum FAQ link in my signature.

Glad you're enjoying the new flock!

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. Please make yourself at home.

Best wishes
    CT

5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you have joined us.

I know what you mean about the forums and the surprises of raising your own flock.

It can take awhile to learn your way around here, but you'll find the folks here a great bunch of folks to get to know.

My hens, now nearly 4 years old, continue to surprise me nearly daily [​IMG] - they are fascinating individuals.

6. MissNutmeg

MissNutmeg Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

7. Circle W Farms

Circle W Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2016
    Antreville,SC
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC.

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from the U.S., moonyah, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard! BYC will be a great resource for you as you learn to navigate the worlds of both chickens and forums! Best wishes and thank you for joining our family! [​IMG]

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to the community! I am pleased you could join us, I do hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy yourself here as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Howdy neighbour [​IMG] Welcome!

Please do pop into the Aussie thread and say G’Day, you will be welcomed.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by