Hello from the Midwest,central Illinois,looking for sml. farmer friend

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by springviews, Jul 24, 2008.

1. springviews

springviews In the Brooder

Jul 13, 2008
    hello small farmer girl just thought i.d say hello. Beautiful week here in the Midwest........Check out local prices how are they in your area? Eggs./reg. white $2.69 dozen a few side stores a dozen for 1.69-2.00 dozen,last year eggs near Thanksgiving, .98 cents a dozen what a Price hike....Wheeuuuu...

2. Hello from another central Illinois person! [​IMG]

3. springviews

springviews In the Brooder

Jul 13, 2008
    I live about 30 miles from springfield or 35 miles from decatur i have poultry and abbits organic herbs fruit trees on about an acre of ground.its fun here.i am a single mom w/2 kids we have alot of fun just farming fishing and swimming.

4. I'm about 40 miles from Springfield. I have a hubby & son, dogs & chickens, live on 8 acres with a big pond that we fish and swim in and a creek that runs thru, and I love watching the chickens, wild turkey, deer, rabbits and all the other critters that play here.

5. shaylee

shaylee In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2008
    Hamilton, Il
    Egg prices are crazy here. (Hamilton, Il) Near Quincy or Macomb, depending on which direction you drive. [​IMG]

I sell eggs to my neighbor for $1.50 a dozen and she is glad to get them. They prefer farm fresh anyways. Egg prices are so high that egg companies should be putting a prize inside. [​IMG]

Being new to Illinois, I find the people here pretty friendly and a new pal on here let me come over today to help butcher chickens (she showed me the ropes and I helped with 12 birds) Not as bad as I thought it would be. Hate the killing part but dont mind the plucking, cleaning out, wrapping up part. Gave me a good idea of what I am getting into. Might have to get me some cornish crosses for butchering, though I have a couple of roos that I need to sell or butcher.

Hi to everyone here.

6. tressiah

tressiah In the Brooder

Jul 28, 2008
    Beecher, Il
    hello from Beecher Il, 15 miles north of Kankakee, 45 miles south of Chicago
    We have a big barn, I have 40 chickens, also 2 nubian goats, ( Lucy & Ethel, they know their names) 5 ducks, (1 killed by a mink) 1 lab mix, and a lasha poo who is the offical house dog, 1 old cat
    I find great peace in my animals. The goats love me because I feed them, & startch them, what a life !

7. tressiah

tressiah In the Brooder

Jul 28, 2008
    Beecher, Il
    P.S I get $3/dozen for my eggs, and can't keep enough around.

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    35 miles from Springfield

I dont charge anything for my eggs for eating because I am not licensed by the state. However I do accept donations for feed [​IMG]

Welcome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: