1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hello from the Rogue Valley

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rogueriverhens, Feb 9, 2015.

1. rogueriverhens

rogueriverhens New Egg

Feb 9, 2015
    rogue valley
    I have spent quite a bit of time on this forum over the last few years as i have embarked on the adventure of raising chickens. Thank you very much for all the info and advice that folks have posted. It has been a pleasure to hear so many peoples unique perspectives on raising and caring for these amazing animals. Now that i have a few modest years under my belt, i look foreward to adding my own unique perspectives into this helpful site. I moved from a very large city to a very small town about four years ago and have not looked back, nor am i temped to. Doing everything i can to be a responsible steward at this point in my life. Moved out into the country onto two acres of beautiful river front property, and giving it a go at a more wholesome life. Two watch dogs, one watch cat :), one watch rooster, and 30 hens who have free range of the property at the moment. Thank you again to all who have contributed as it has helped me greatly over the years :)

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens, so glad you joined the flock . One rooster and 30 hens, either he thinks he is in heaven, or he's too exhausted to get up and crow each morning. [​IMG]

3. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    LIFE IS GOOD. GLAD YOU ARE HERE TO JOIN US.
    [​IMG]

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined our "flock"

What breeds are your rooster and hens?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] Glad you decided to join us. Would love to hear your experiences with raising your flock.

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community! Enjoy your country living! Nothing better than having some space between you and your neighbors, places to find peace of mind and a corner to raise your chickens.

Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our flock!

7. rogueriverhens

rogueriverhens New Egg

Feb 9, 2015
    rogue valley
    Lol...yes he still crows in the morning i can assure you! He was the proud father of two homegrown pullets last fall, thanks to a broody RIR. Unfortunately neither made it past a month ; ( on the bright side, we had another americauna hen who went broody. I went to the local feed store and picked up 4 americauna pullets and placed them under her at night...all four are doing just great and are about six months old :) thank you for the laugh!

8. rogueriverhens

rogueriverhens New Egg

Feb 9, 2015
    rogue valley
    Thank you Rich. Wyan, we have 5 RIR'S, 5 Americaunas, 1 RIR roo. The remainder are all 1 week old pullets... 4 golden sex links, 4 barred plymouth rocks, 2 lightBrahmas, and 10 brown leghorns. All of these are under lights right now as we dont have any brooders atm.

9. rogueriverhens

rogueriverhens New Egg

Feb 9, 2015
    rogue valley
    Thank you sunflour, im still trying to figure out how to post pics :) twocrows, you hit the nail on the head! The simple things in life are far more enjoyable than the rest. Thank you everybody for the warm welcome.

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by