Hello from the Shenandoah Valley in VA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Doodles21, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Doodles21

Doodles21 In the Brooder

Jul 7, 2010
    Hi, I'm very new to keeping chickens. So new, in fact, that I don't have any chickens or a coop yet. I just fulfilled my childhood dream of living on a farm, however, so I'm hoping that the chickens wont be far behind. Right now I am a newly-wed college graduate and the proud "mom" to two dogs, two gerbils, and a cat. I've wanted chickens for a long time and I have been trying to educate myself about their care by reading all of the helpful posts on this site. With any luck I should be able to convince my husband and my dad to help me build a coop (probably in the fall when it cools off!) and then I'll finally have my own little flock. In the mean time, I will keep learning all about chickens!

2. 4boysmom

4boysmom Songster

Jun 12, 2007
    [​IMG]

I grew up in Natural Bridge. VA. You will surely learn alot here. You will love keeping chickens.

3. cterbizan

cterbizan Songster

Jun 14, 2010
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] from GA you are in the right place. Anything that you need to know don't be afraid to ask.

4. chickendude

chickendude Songster

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    [​IMG] The Shenandoah Valley is a beautiful area!

5. Doodles21

Doodles21 In the Brooder

Jul 7, 2010
    Thank you all! I am very excited to get started with chickens. I am so full of questions right now but I know that this forum will be an invaluable resource. Reading the posts her makes me want to go order some chicks right away (even though my husband would NOT be happy) [​IMG]

6. FourPawz

FourPawz Songster

Apr 2, 2010
    Virginia
    [​IMG] Hello from down I-81 a ways near Roanoke. This is a really incredible treasure trove of information. You'll learn a great deal for when you're ready to get some chicks.
    [​IMG]

7. crazyaboutchickens

crazyaboutchickens Live Long And Prosper

Apr 10, 2010
    Nowhere/Everywhere
    [​IMG] from New York !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: