Hello from the Upper Peninsula of MI!

PileatedFarms

Songster
Jun 29, 2021
Michigan
Hi everyone! My partner and I are super excited to join this community - and to be new chicken owners!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Brand new to chickens! Our chickens are eight weeks old this week, and we have had them since week 1

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

8! We ordered 6 and received 8 - which we heard means there may be 2 roosters in our flock!

(3) What breeds do you have?

Black Australorps and 1 Black Jersey Giant

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Their personalities! And of course their eggs too

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

We just bought 80 acres with a .3 acre farm! My partner and I are both artists as well (writer and ceramic artist)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We also have a 7 year old Chorkie and a 2 1/2 year old Great Pyr Anatolian Shepard, two cats: Eddie and Charlie, and one hermit crab!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found that when Googling chicken questions, I was always finding answers in these forums. We joined to have a community to not only share information with, but to share the joy of chicken owning!

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

Does your screen name have anything to do with Pileated Woodpeckers? :D Don't mind me, I am a huge wild bird fanatic and can't get enough of them. 🐦🐧🦅

Wonderful breeds, the Black Australorp and Jersey Giant, both docile, friendly, affectionate, great layers and healthy.

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our community!

Back
Top Bottom