Hello from the upstate of South Carolina

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PastorQuail, Oct 15, 2016.

1. PastorQuail

PastorQuail New Egg

Dec 16, 2010
    Laurens, SC
    I've been a member here since 2010 and have lurked, read, and learned a great deal since joining. I've been interested in raising chickens and quail for my family since that time and now is finally the time when We get to make it happen. 6 years is a long time to wait and do research but I moved around a lot as a service member (Army) and wanted to wait until we were settled to start our flock. Well, we finally purchased our first home and I've been slowly buying and building the things I need to begin thanks to the many informative and edifying posts on this site. My brooder and coop/coops will be finished over this winter and I will be ready to purchase my first chicks this spring when the local mom and pop farm and garden supply store has there chick days. Just figured it was finally time to come out of the shadows and say hello and begin participating in the discussions a little bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, PastorQuail, and :welcome! Glad you made it official and introduced yourself! Good luck with your coop construction and spring chickens! :)

3. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Mar 21, 2016
    Ohio!
    Welcome to BYC! Glad to have you introducing yourself and good luck on your quail journeys! Quail seem adorable! And thanks for your service! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Pastor Quail. Thank you sincerely for your years in service. For specific information on quail, I would recommend the "Quail thread." Just put that in the search box and it will pop up for you.

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Welcome aboard - 6 years is a long time to wait, but I'm sure that you reading and planning will ensure that you will be off the smoothest of starts.

Best wishes
    CT

6. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    :welcome

7. fethidogan88

fethidogan88 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2016
    turkey
    [​IMG]

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Howdy, and welcome to Backyard chickens! Glad you joined us, and good luck with your venture!

10. PastorQuail

PastorQuail New Egg

Dec 16, 2010
    Laurens, SC
    Thanks to all of you for the very warm welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by