Hello from Three Rivers, California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mollie4dogs, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Mollie4dogs

Mollie4dogs Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2013
    Three Rivers, CA
    Hello All,

I am a "new" chicken owner. I have 8 Buckeye hens and they are laying machines! Not only that, they are very sweet and docile and get so very excited when they see me. I have dreamed of having chickens for decades and finally, the husband relented and allowed me to have them. It is a dream come true.

It is a joy to tend to my flock and they seem to enjoy my company, and the treats they get. I have purchased many books on raising chickens before I got them, just to make sure I sort of knew what I was doing. I also know of local folks who have been raising chickens for a long time, so it's quite a luxury to ask them for advice.

Since I live in a rural area (our county is zoned agricultural), most everyone here has chickens or livestock of some sort. The best thing is to collect eggs every day and all of my hens allow me to pet them and take food from my hand. It is a real joy and great therapy for stress management ;-)

I am considering getting some new coops/runs built so I can eventually get some Polish chickens and maybe a Silkie as a pet. I'm hooked- raising chickens is fantastic and such a joy!

Hope to make some friends here!

Thanks--

Mollie

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

3. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Hi From Jacksonville! So glad you joined us! I look forward to reading your posts and hearing about those great egg layers. My husband relented too! I am not sure he loves the chickens but he makes nice coops for them and whatever I need for them because he loves me and I love that!

Caroline

4. chickenboy190

chickenboy190 Overrun With Chickens

May 31, 2013
    Ohio
    Welcome! Glad you joined BYC! :~D

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC!

6. All Henned Up

All Henned Up Muffs or Tufts

Welcome and enjoy!
    Steve. :frow

7. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Hi and :welcome

Your flock sounds fantastic - chickens are indeed very friendly and mine will climb on my lap when I'm sitting outside in the garden. :p

Enjoy the site!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] If you go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum you can locate and post on your state thread. Very likely there will be some chicken folk near your area

9. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

10. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by