Hello from Tisbury, UK

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by karenjane25, Aug 14, 2011.

1. karenjane25

karenjane25 New Egg

Aug 14, 2011
    Hi, we just found our first ever hatched chick has died this morning, we are so sad, and need to find out how to be more successful in future. RIP little Tractor! [​IMG] Any pointers on 'Sudden chick death?' My 4 year old is sad but not as sad as me!!! Well, it's good to know this site is here.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG], from Kansas! Sorry you lost your little chick! [​IMG] There is probably some good info on this site about what happened to you! Best of luck with your next chicken venture! [​IMG]

3. Jloeffler

Jloeffler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Northeast NC
    So sorry to hear about your chick! I'd post a separate thread under chicken deaths/illness if you haven't already. Someone there might be able to help! Good luck and
    [​IMG]

4. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Sorry about you loss! [​IMG] It could just be a weak chick. Not enough info to really help you.

5. kychicken75

kychicken75 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2011
    Lebanon ky
    hello..sorry about your loss

6. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    Welcome from New York. I am sorry to hear about your loss. We have not tried hatching our own chicks yet, but I am sure someone on here will be able to help you.

7. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    [​IMG] Sorry for your loss [​IMG]

8. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Welcome to BYC!

9. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    [​IMG] Hello and welcome to BYC. I'm so very sorry for your loss.[​IMG] So many things can happen with chicks and the first few days of life. You may never find out what happened. Good luck and I hope it doesn't happen again.

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. So sorry about your chick [​IMG] Sometimes no matter that you do everything right, you still just have some that don't make it in those first few days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by