Hello from Utah

amateureggs

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2016
Utah
Hello, my name is Christine. Last year my kids had this crazy idea to get some baby chicks from our local feed store. Well that was it, we absolutely love our chickens, in fact we just added 5 more to our small flocks. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and will have lots of questions about our new chicks as well as our older ones, specifically how to get them together.

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you have joined us.

I so want to add to my own flock, but will hope for that next year.

The Look - don't Touch Method is what most recommend. My only integration issue was a recovered hen back to her flock ( in my signature below) but you can search "adding to the flock" and find some useful information.

Make sure you keep the youngers separated until old enough to integrate. I would suggest positing the question under managing your flock before trying to place the 2 generations together.

Would love to hear how you accomplish the mixing of the two groups - as above, hoping to add newbies to my flock next spring.

Hi Christine and welcome to BYC - nice that you have joined us.

Sounds like you and your family have the chicken bug good and proper! Thats great and you for sure are in the best place to talk chicken
smile.png

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom