Hello from VA!! New backyard chicken 'farmers'

markandamy06

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 5, 2013
We just took on our new status as "half acre chicken farmers" a few weeks ago -- we love our chickens! We "inherited" a 5 yr and 2 yr old buff orphington from a friend of mine who could no longer care for them. Then we got a beautiful EE rooster to go along with them. Most recently, we've hatched 8 precious Barred Rock chicks (so excited!!) who are now almost 2 weeks old. And we've also taken on 2 more buff orphington pullets, 6 mos old.

My husband and his friend built our 8x10 coop and a run. We live in VA and just love everything about chickens so far. We will also be getting some buff orphington chicks in the coming weeks.

Happy to be part of the BY Chicken's community! :)

welcome-byc.gif
I'm pretty new as well, and I'm also in VA. We're on ten acres, and I agree that Barred Rocks are precious! We've bought five chicks, and just hatched from the eggs of those chicks. We now have another BR, named Mr. Fernando, hatch on Sunday.

welcome-byc.gif
I'm pretty new as well, and I'm also in VA. We're on ten acres, and I agree that Barred Rocks are precious! We've bought five chicks, and just hatched from the eggs of those chicks. We now have another BR, named Mr. Fernando, hatch on Sunday.

Aww, how precious!! Lucky that you live on 10 acres though ;) I fear that our small 1/2 acre may be taken over by more farm animals soon!!
ep.gif

Thank you for all of the lovely welcomes :D

Back
Top Bottom