1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from VA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HCCMouse, Sep 24, 2015.

1. HCCMouse

HCCMouse New Egg

Sep 24, 2015
    Hello out there! I'm Kylie, and I have just gotten my first birds ever, four adult button quail. Since I origianlly found out of the existance of them through this forum several years ago, I figured it was a good resource to make sure I'm caring for them properly and such. So, here I am!

I come from a mouse breeding background, hence the username. High Contrast Critters is the name of my mousery and I breed and show black tan, pied, black, and red mice amongst other varieites. I have a number of other pets too, but this is my first foray into anything with feathers. I'm very taken with my little guys so far and hope to get more!

2. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Smile Premium Member

Aug 1, 2015
    [​IMG]
    glad you joined! quail are very cute, if you need a place for feather critter info BYC is the place!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    HHCMouse, I used to know of someone who raised show cockers, and also bred mice in different colors. Her name was Michael Allen and she lived in California, also an artist. She liked to photograph her mice that nearly matched the colors of her dogs., perched on them.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. bowray

bowray Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2015
    Northern Virginia
    Hello from another Viginian. Welcome to the best site to ldley spend your time

6. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by