Hello from Vallejo ca

Fairyfrogmother

Hatching
Mar 11, 2015
I am going to be getting my first chickens soon. I grew up with pet ducks, rabbits, snakes, cats and dogs. I'm an avid gardener, and love the information I have gleaned here. Here are pictures of our coop and greenhouse in progress.
the left side will be a greenhouse, and the right will be a 3x8x 8 ft chicken coop. We will be putting up hard wear cloth to create a run under the deck an behind the coop and greenhouse with a run along the fence under the peach trees. Under the deck gets sun until 3 pm.
The front of the coop will house 2-3 nesting boxes for 4-5 hens, with roosting perches on the back end. There will be a full sized door inside the greenhouse to make mucking out easier. I welcome suggestions.

Last edited:
Hi #vmincey and #fairyfrogmother, I'm in Vallejo too. Belated welcome to BYC!
Neither of these members have been on the site for nearly 4 years. This is a zombie thread.
Maybe you can find active members in your area on your state thread.

Turns out I will be adopting 2 1 year old gold sex linked sisters this Sunday!! Thank you for the feedback. Under the deck is exactly where I plan to put the dust bath. The greenhouse may have to double as a temporary run dependant on how much I get fenced off before then.

Hi There!

Are you still in Vallejo? I am also in Vallejo and recently got 4 hens! Would love to connect with you!

Hi There!

Are you still in Vallejo? I am also in Vallejo and recently got 4 hens! Would love to connect with you!

Greetings from Kansas, vmincey and :welcome! I noticed you posted onto the tail end of a 2015 thread. Since that member has already been welcomed, your post may not get many replies. We wouldn't want you to feel neglected so if you like, go back to the New Member Introduction Forum, select Start a New Thread, and tell us about yourself. That way we can give you a proper BYC welcome! :)

Back
Top Bottom