Hello from Vermont

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 6ChicksandaDog, Jun 9, 2011.

1. 6ChicksandaDog

6ChicksandaDog Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2011
    Waterbury
    Hello Everyone!! I already posted a couple questions in the breed/gender topic. But I figured, I will introduce myself here. I am very new to having chickens, we've had so many strange and interesting pets in our past from emperor scorpians to a madagascar black millipede now we have some chickens. We bought our house about 2 years ago and always talked about having chickens so now we do. We have 6 hens 2 BA and 2 SS, 1 PR and a PR/SS mix from what I was told from some very helpful people on this forum. As for other members of our family we have 1 zebra finch (Betty) we had her for about 8 years, a bell hinged tortoise (George) we had him for 12 years, a malayan box turtle we adopted (Stinky pinky) we had her for about 4 years, a chinchilla (chi-chi) we got her as a wedding gift so 11 years [​IMG], 3 hermit crabs (Archie, Harry, Endive) had them about 8 months or so and lastly our little beagle (chowder) she is 2 years old. We love animals as you can see! and having chcikens has been such an adventure. They all have different personalitys and are so much fun to watch. I like them a lot and hopefully by end of august or septmeber we'll have some delicious eggs from our girls-very excitied.
    And thank you to everyone who can answer any of my chicken question, I know I'll have plently more as time goes on.

PS I named my chicken coop "Chowders Chickens" [​IMG] she absolutly loves the girls, the first thing she does is goes and visits them when we let her out. I will also have the process and pictures of our coop posted on here soon. I have to get all the pictures together (what a process that was)[​IMG].

Thanks again
    Amy

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG] from a fellow beagle (and chicken) owner! [​IMG]

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. You've come to the right place. Fresh eggs are the greatest. [​IMG]

4. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

5. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

6. 6ChicksandaDog

Jun 7, 2011
    Waterbury
    Thank you so much! [​IMG]

7. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    welcome from ct.!!! [​IMG]

vermont is our favorite get away !!! going there this weekend!!! [​IMG]

8. Katydid2011

Katydid2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    West Coast USA
    Hello from the Pacific Northwest and welcome to BYC! I love that you got a chinchilla as a wedding gift! [​IMG]

9. 6ChicksandaDog

Jun 7, 2011
    Waterbury
    I hope the weather is nice for your trip here to VT annie3001.

Cats Critters-Gotta love the beagles!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Old photo of Chowder, but very cute.

10. ChickyD

ChickyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2010
    NH
    [​IMG] from NH [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by