Hello from Victoria, Australia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BypassUrban, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Dropping by to say hello from a new chicken owner. I have had them nearly two weeks. I have taken some stick for the breed I choose Isa Browns, but they are great girls, their personalities are really starting to come out. Although I do think I have created little monsters... I feed them small handfulls of sweet corn and slices of watermelon as treats but can't get them to eat lettuce or cabbage, well actually any vegetable [​IMG]

It is nice to be here, and I have learnt so much already.
    Wendy.B

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] My brats won't eat veggies either LOL Try some swiss chards, most chickens love it.

3. :) thanks for the welcome, and I am so glad I am not the only one with a 'brat pack'

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, Wendy, and [​IMG]! So nice to have you here! Happy you are finding BYC helpful. Good luck to you and your chickens!

5. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from washington state glad you joined us!

6. pattyp

pattyp Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2013
    Australia
    Hi Wendy
    Our Brown's don't eat veg either they prefer fruit. Don't feel bad about your Isa's I have them to, I wanted another breed but I couldn't get any and I really wanted chickens. I wouldn't trade my girls for anything now, they have great personalities and are very calm little birds.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Glad that you have joined. Your birds sound like my grandchildren with their rejection of healthy treats. [​IMG]

8. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

9. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined us. All my chickens love kale and endive. They never get enough

10. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by