Hello from WA SE Washington!

Teena Marie

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 28, 2012
SE Washington
Hello,
My name is Teena Marie and I am from south eastern Washington state. I am not really new to backyard chickens but it has been a long time since I had any. . At Easter time, when I was about 5 or 6, I was allowed to get a colored chick or two. They came in pastel shades but the colored fuzz was replaced by white feathers. I remember they were about 25 cents each. Later we moved to a farm where I got to keep some hens that came with the place. They were fun and provided us with enough eggs I could sell them to the neighbors.
I was recently looking at my empty dog run wondering what to do with it as a ugly looking beetle was attempting to climb onto my shoe. That light bulb came on and I thought I should get some chickens for bug control and eggs would be a bonus. So I have been lurking here for a month or so. Looking at coops and forums on urban chickening. I bought a coop and now have plans for the dog run as my new chicken run. I now have 2 silver laced and 2 red laced wyandotte chicks. We have a 9 yr old Pomeranian who considers himself the nanny. He listens to the chicks and checks on them through some little slits we made for him on the box. We do a lot of camping in the Pacific Northwest. I am thinking we may have to take the "girls" along on our first couple trips out this spring since they will be too young to leave alone. Camping chickens, hmmm? Well thanks for reading my introduction. I look forward to visiting this site frequently. Teena Marie

Hey, I live in SE washington, and have a couple wyandottes, also! Welcome to BYC! or maybe you prefer:
welcome-byc.gif
!!!!!

Cool! Tri-Cities? That's about an hour away from here.

I love this town. It isn't too busy, and most of the people are nice! (although there are a few crazy people in the town, including my family...)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom