Hello From Wales.UK

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CastleFarmUK, Jan 2, 2013.

1. CastleFarmUK

CastleFarmUK Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2013
    Welsh Boders UK.
    Hi, my name is David and I'm a poultry keeper from Wales.

I keep around 300+ birds mainly Traditional and Dual purpose Utility. Been doing this for over 50 years and hopefully a few years more.
    Interested in the way you guys keep your birds in the US and the difference in the breeds.

My web site is http://castlefarmeggs.co.uk/ if you would like to see what I have been doing.

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from washington state glad you joined us!

3. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you joined. :)

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    David, welcome to BYC. Checked out your website. The Welsh Black roosters are striking. How about some pictures of hens.

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, David, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Wow! 300+ birds! That's quite an operation! I think a lot of the folks on BYC are more of the hobby type - anywhere from 2 to 20 birds. Some have bigger operations, of course. A lot of folks here appreciate seeing where their food comes from, don't like the taste of store bought chickens or eggs, and just love spending time with their chickens! A lot of folks are like me - with different breeds in a mixed flock. Some a dedicated to a specific breed. Some are into pure heritage breeds with good bloodlines, others are not concerned with this. So, as you can see, it runs the gamut here.

Best of luck to you and your flock - hope you keep it going for years to come! I checked out your site - very professional! And you, sir, have some great looking birds!! Congratulations!

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

Nice discussion on the perils of inbreeding.

7. nwredrooster

nwredrooster Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2012
    Oregon
    Welcome from across the pond!! Sounds like you will have a lot of experience to share with us.[​IMG]

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Welcome to BYC! Wow, I thought my 15 years experience with chickens was a lot lol!

10. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Interesting looking website. I'll have a proper look later when I've more time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by