Hello from Warner Robins, GA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pkeith1998, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Pkeith1998

Pkeith1998 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2011
    Georgia
    Hello everyone!!! My name is Patricia and I currently live in Warner Robins, GA with my husband Michael who is a 24 year retired USAF MSgt and a disabled vet. We have 2 wonderful sons who are also in the USAF. Brandon, the oldest, is currently stationed in Kadena, Japan and our youngest, Justin, is currently serving overseas but is stationed in Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota. So very proud of them!! We also have 3 doggies who run the house now that they boys are on their own. Our doggies are Mariah 12 yo Doberman (Brandon's baby), Sasha (my husband's baby) 5 yo American Bulldog and my baby, Karma, a 3 yo mastiff/bulldog mix who ended up being only 45 lbs!

I was raised on a farm in california and had chickens (they weren't pets just for eggs and meat but all animals for me are pets!!) so I thought I'd try my hand at raising my own chickens!! I have 4 chickens - 2 RIRs and 2 ?? Maybe Silver Laced Wyandotte or Ancona (that I will post pics of so u can help me decide what breed/gender they are) and they are all supposed to be girls but I'm not sure about that either! Yes I'm a newbie!! I really want to name my chickens but gotta find out their gender first! I'm really hoping you can help me out. I'd love to get more chickens but really want a bigger run for them before we get more.

I was surfing the web and found your site and really love it! It has really helped me out! Funny thing....on the same day I found your site, my husband sent me a link to your site too! Great minds!!

In addition to my love for animals, I love gardening, crocheting, making homemade cards/scrapbooking and spending time with my friends and family!!

I think that's all!! TTFN!!
    [​IMG]

2. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Cadjien_De_Louisiane SWLA Gamefowl Breeder

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA
    Welcome to your new addiction [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Wheels

Wheels Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Milledgeville GA.
    Welcome hope you enjoy your stay.

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Welcome aboard from Kansas! Have fun with your chickies! [​IMG]

6. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello Patricia, welcome from big bear, you'll love all the info you get here! [​IMG]

7. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas-sized [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Hello Patricia and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

9. Pkeith1998

Pkeith1998 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2011
    Georgia
    Thank you everyone!!! So glad I found your site!!!

[​IMG]

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. One of my favorite great uncles lives in the same city as you [​IMG] Good luck with your chickens [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by