Hello from Washington State.

Tamarack Creek

In the Brooder
Jan 31, 2017
Colville, WA
Hi, I am new to BYC, and I would like to introduce myself.

1. My name is Samuel, I live on a farm north of Colville, WA, and I care for my family's mixed breed layer flock.
2. Our flock currently consists of: two Delawares, nine Black sex links, one cuckoo Marans hen, six Easter Eggers, six Spitzhauben mixes, and seven pure Spitzhaubens.
3. My chicken goals for 2017 are to breed for: Appenzeller Spitzhauben, with correct type(which I acquired from Mr. Dickerson), and Bearded d'Uccle bantams.
4. I first got into chickens when my family moved to the countryside, in the summer of 2012.
5. I also enjoy fishing in the summer, hunting in the fall, and crochet.
6. The rest of my family raises, Oberhasli goats and Catahoula leopard dogs. In addition to that we also have one horse, one llama, an alpaca, and lots of barn cats.

Thank you for including me,
Samuel

Hi, Samuel, welcome to BYC -- I am so glad you've joined us!
Sounds like you have an exciting year ahead in your new breeding program -- I love the look of a nice Spitzhauben, look forward to hearing/seeing your venture into working with your new stock.

Greetings from Kansas, Samuel, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you aboard! Sounds like you bring a lot of farm experience to BYC! That is awesome. And those are some interesting breeds you raise. If you'd like to connect with other WA folks, find your state thread in this link and say howdy: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

Hi, Samuel, welcome to BYC -- I am so glad you've joined us!
Sounds like you have an exciting year ahead in your new breeding program -- I love the look of a nice Spitzhauben, look forward to hearing/seeing your venture into working with your new stock.

Greetings from Kansas, Samuel, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you aboard! Sounds like you bring a lot of farm experience to BYC! That is awesome. And those are some interesting breeds you raise. If you'd like to connect with other WA folks, find your state thread in this link and say howdy: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

Welcome to BYC, Samuel!

I look forward to seeing you around. Sounds like you've got a nice place. I like the breeds you chose; I'm hoping to start breeding D'uccles this year as well!

Great to have you on board!

Sorry to get back to everyone so late, I just received some free time. Thank you all for the friendly greeting.

Ol Grey Mare, I will try to get some pictures of my Spitzes for you soon.
redsoxs, Thank you for the referral. Maybe I will meet someone nearby.
Also, TheKindaFarmGal, I was wondering, what colors were you looking into? As well as, from whom would you buy your d'Uccles?

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm interested in Porcelains. I will probably be getting hatching eggs (all I have available right now), but try to get the best quality possible. It saves a lot of future headache.

Maybe visit a chicken show, see if anybody has a pair or trio for sale. Sorry I don't have better info to offer on sellers.
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Samuel, it's nice to have you here!

Best wishes for all your plans.

Back
Top Bottom