Hello from Washington State!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jessyeanne, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Jessyeanne

Jessyeanne New Egg

Jul 23, 2014
    Hello everyone!

What a wonderful site! I am brand new to the world of chickens and very excited to get started. My husband built a beautiful coop for our 6 babes, and I can't wait to put them out there to adjust to their new life. They are only 4 weeks old, but we are having a blast with them in the house. My kids are enjoying watching them grow each week and have decorated the outside of the brooder with princess stickers to keep our girls happy.

We live in Eastern Washington State and are enjoying the summer heat!

-Jessye

2. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Sounds like your children are really enjoying the chickens [​IMG]

BYC has a very useful learning center [​IMG]

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you and the kids are enjoying your new chicks! They are fun to watch grow up and of course finding those first eggs is a blast.

Great to have you aboard. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

4. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

5. petrel

petrel Chats with Chickens

Hello and Welcome! Raising chickens is a great family project. Please post pictures of your coop if you have time.

6. Jessyeanne

Jessyeanne New Egg

Jul 23, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are all of the coop in progress. I don't have any of the finished product yet but I will have time next weekend. Still need to seal the wood for weather. My husband didn't use any plans, just started building and this is what we ended up with. :)

7. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Nice coop!

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Jessye. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a very pretty daughter. If she is like my granddaughter (pictured in my avatar), she loves chickens. My granddaughter names our hens after Disney princesses. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chicks do you have?

9. Jessyeanne

Jessyeanne New Egg

Jul 23, 2014
    We have 2 silver laced wyandotte's, 2 buff orpingon's and 2 ameraucana's. They are so sweet! I've always wanted chickens but didn't realize how much I would love it already. :) thank you all for such a warm welcome!

10. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're welcome. You have some good breeds. I like the Buff Orpingtons for their sweet and gentle disposition. The Ameraucanas (actually ours are Easter Eggers, not true Ameraucanas, which lay only blue eggs) are my granddaughter's favorites. She loves the different colored eggs they lay. Good luck with your flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by