Hello from West Virginia

UrbanBlueShamrock

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 10, 2011
Berkeley Springs
Hello, I am brand new to poultry community!! My family just bought our first chicken flock in April and received our first duck flock two days ago!!! I have a never ending stream of questions and have done my best to research everything but thought it would be great to get some personal feedback.
My husband and I bought an old mobile home on 1/4 acres in the town of Berkeley Springs in November. We call our farm the Urban Blue Shamrock the 1/4 acre experiment. We currently have a baby boy who just turned a year, a big lover dog named Marie, a tom cat Charlemagne and our poultry. The Chicken flock numbers 15 consists of Blue Wyndottes, Blue laced red wyndottes, OEL, EE, Blue Weaten Marans, and Americaunas. Thats what our sales receipt says I honestly have no idea other than a few of the more unique colors what is what. Lol and I cant even pretend I know what sex any of them are. We are going to be slimming down the flock at the end of summer which will be my first butchering experience. Im terrified. We also have 10 Ancona ducks which I am ecstatic over! They are quite possibly the most adorable things Ive ever seen.
In the future we hope to get rabbits and bees.
In the more distant future we hope to get a handful of acres and concentrate on endangered breed conservation. Until that point I have a lot to learn. I look forward to all that you fellow poultry enthusiasts can teach me!
Blessed Be

welcome! You have joined a good group.
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom