Hello from West Virginia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by UrbanBlueShamrock, Jun 10, 2011.

1. UrbanBlueShamrock

UrbanBlueShamrock Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2011
    Berkeley Springs
    Hello, I am brand new to poultry community!! My family just bought our first chicken flock in April and received our first duck flock two days ago!!! I have a never ending stream of questions and have done my best to research everything but thought it would be great to get some personal feedback.
    My husband and I bought an old mobile home on 1/4 acres in the town of Berkeley Springs in November. We call our farm the Urban Blue Shamrock the 1/4 acre experiment. We currently have a baby boy who just turned a year, a big lover dog named Marie, a tom cat Charlemagne and our poultry. The Chicken flock numbers 15 consists of Blue Wyndottes, Blue laced red wyndottes, OEL, EE, Blue Weaten Marans, and Americaunas. Thats what our sales receipt says I honestly have no idea other than a few of the more unique colors what is what. Lol and I cant even pretend I know what sex any of them are. We are going to be slimming down the flock at the end of summer which will be my first butchering experience. Im terrified. We also have 10 Ancona ducks which I am ecstatic over! They are quite possibly the most adorable things Ive ever seen.
    In the future we hope to get rabbits and bees.
    In the more distant future we hope to get a handful of acres and concentrate on endangered breed conservation. Until that point I have a lot to learn. I look forward to all that you fellow poultry enthusiasts can teach me!
    Blessed Be

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    welcome! You have joined a good group. [​IMG]

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. Two Creeks Farm

Two Creeks Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    Welcome, you arent far from a few of us on here.

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Congrats on your newest additions & good luck [​IMG]

6. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

8. UrbanBlueShamrock

UrbanBlueShamrock Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2011
    Berkeley Springs
    Thanks everyone for the welcome and 4-H Chicken Mom what does DH stand for? Obviously a newbie but I've seen it one several different profiles?

9. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

10. Melissa2173

Melissa2173 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Springfield, Georgia
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by