hello from western canada!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ranchcookie, Apr 28, 2009.

1. ranchcookie

ranchcookie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2009
    hello!!

been poking around this site forever now, drooling over the coops [​IMG] have finally decided on getting a few turkeys this summer so joined the site so i could ask questions and hopefully not screw it up too badly LOL

never had any chickens or such, but have alot of other critters out in the yard (horses, donkeys,a goat, alpacas which i raise for fibre and meat, not to mention the dog, cats, budgies, rabbit, and i think i had a couple of kids thrown in there too hahahaha)

i'll probably have a few dumb questions about turkeys and raising them over the next bit, so please bear with me [​IMG]

and fingers crossed, maybe just maybe i can convince my husband that chickens are a good idea as well!!

2. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG] I just got my first turkeys a few weeks ago, but have had chickens for a while now. You should find all the info you need on here, just use the search button or ask!

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

4. chickenbike

chickenbike Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to the site....you'll find that whatever question you may have, you will always get an answer. [​IMG]

5. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    [​IMG]

6. ranchcookie

ranchcookie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2009
    thanks all y'll....
    there is sooo much information here, a person can get lost! LOL but it's still nice to have a place to poke around in and get neat tidbits on stuff....

think that so far, my biggest concern is the whole brooder thing, if the one i have is going to be big enough, and for how long, etc... didnt realize when i started looking at the turkeys that they were freshly hatched ones--- good thing i decided to read a bit more before just ordering... at least this way i will have the time to get everything all set up long before they get there...

that is, if it'll ever stop snowing [​IMG] i cant wait for blue skies and green grass.... this cold and snow is getting depressing!

7. eaganchickens

eaganchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2008
    Eagan,MN
    [​IMG] from MN!

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida.

9. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana