Hello from WI

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BlackBrookPoultry, Nov 9, 2010.

1. BlackBrookPoultry

BlackBrookPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Western Wisconsin
    My name is Yvette and I am from northern WI. I am married to a man that used to be a duck hunter. Now he says they have "personalities" and my raising them makes it hard for him to go out and kill them. I also raised a Canada Goose in 2009. He liked her around and now finds it hard to hunt geese! She's at a wildlfe education center now. I've had chickens, ducks and geese most of my life. I absolutely love standard cochins and call ducks. At the moment I am doing a lavender orpington project. I also have a few dorkings and chanteclers. For ducks I have 6 calls and 2 pintails. I recently lost 12 of my call ducks and 4 lav. orps to a mink [​IMG] I do find this forum to be very addictive. I love to hear people's opinions on poultry and learn about worming, feeding and basic care. I also enjoy giving my imput from time to time. Everybody does things differently and we all have different preferences in our poultry. I have a couple of goats too and have learned a little about them too.
    Here is a picture of my very favorite duck (the white one). I raised him in the house and he is a sweet little thing.
    [​IMG]

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

3. GothChick

GothChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Hi! [​IMG] What area are you from?

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad to have you. [​IMG]

5. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Hello from Tucson and [​IMG] Sorry to hear about you losses to the mink. Sure is a cute duck!

6. Luckytaz

Luckytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Rogers, Mn.
    Welcome, from Minnesota.

7. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    [​IMG]

8. BlackBrookPoultry

BlackBrookPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Western Wisconsin
    Quote:I am from Amery, about 30 minutes from the MN/WI border. 1 hr. from the Twin cities.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by