Hello from Windy Kansas!

Futz

In the Brooder
Feb 19, 2016
Kansas
Not new to chickens, but new to the site. I've been using this site for a while now to find answers to my farm bird related questions and figured I should probably just create an account. I'm glad I did! Its nice to see that I'm not the only "crazy chicken lady" who treats her birds like her dogs and cats. I've been around chickens all my life, but until acquiring a new flock at my current home, I never really became attached to them. I currently have 11 chickens, 8 of which were raised from babies, and all of them have names to suit. I also have 2 ducks (Stella and Sam) who really think they're turkeys and are best friends with Deci and Tom, my oddball turkey couple.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! What a fabulous mixed flock you have there :highfive: Many of us were lurkers before joining, me included. I'm sure you will really enjoy chatting with all the other crazy chicken keepers here!! You sure won't be alone!

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future. Enjoy BYC :frow

welcome-byc.gif

What part of KS are you in? I grew up in the NE part, around Topeka & Lawrence. Hope this winter wasn't too rough on you.

There's a KS state thread you may enjoy checking out. Do a search for Consolidated Kansas and you should find it.

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here!

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Nice to know your turkeys and ducks are welcoming to other species. Animals usually get along better than people.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I will check out the Kansas thread for sure. I live just west of Wichita. The winter here was pretty nice this year!

Hi and welcome - you have a great flock there! Make yourself at home here at BYC cos you sure are in the right place for everything chicken, duck, turkey and almost anything else for that matter.

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom