Hello from Winston, MO

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SHelms, Mar 25, 2013.

1. SHelms

SHelms Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2013
    Hi all!

I am happy to be a part of this great group. I have found a lot of information on this site already. My husband and I are just starting out on our chicken venture. We have 6 amazing chicks - 3 Rhode Island Reds and 3 Black Sex-Links. They are almost 2 weeks old now. We are brooding them in our back bedroom in a large plastic storage bin. They are just about to grow out of that. I saw some interesting pics in the "Brooding" section using dog kennels; I have an extra one and may just try that. We don't have our hen house yet. It is being built by a local mini barn place. Of course we just got another 3" of snow over the weekend, so getting it delivered anytime soon should be interesting.

We live on a small farm in NW Missouri. We have 5 indoor cats, 4 barn cats, 3 dogs and 2 horses. We have wanted chickens for a couple of years now, and are now ready to give it a shot. I appreciate all the information everyone has to offer....so far so good!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, SHelms, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our community! Good luck to you and your flock!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009