Hello from Wisconsin

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by yayas9chicks, Aug 14, 2013.

1. yayas9chicks

yayas9chicks New Egg

Aug 13, 2013
    Hello from Wisconsin. Just joined BYC and am looking forward to learning all there is to aid in the raising of my nine chickens. Their 18 weeks and we are waiting for that first egg to appear. It's been a lot of fun along the way. But not without some worries also. Like the day I spotted a coyote in the yard in the middle of the day. Never saw one before that. We hear them at night, mostly at dusk, but to see one during the day had me running for the coop. They we're fine and we haven't seen another coyote since. My next purchase is a trail cam to see what goes on at night. Other than that no problems at all. We are enjoying our flock and the grandchildren are having fun too. Love the forums. It's great to have somewhere to go when I have a question or problem. Thanks, yayas9chicks.

2. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

3. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    [​IMG]

That first egg is mighty sweet! Welcome from Jacksonville fl
    Caroline

4. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    Hello and welcome from Alaska.[​IMG]

5. yayas9chicks

yayas9chicks New Egg

Aug 13, 2013
    Thanks for the welcome.........we have two male rabbits in our household also.

6. yayas9chicks

yayas9chicks New Egg

Aug 13, 2013
    I should mention all our animals so here goes. We have nine chickens, two outside cats one inside cat, two male rabbits (We took them to the vet to make sure) and one blind silky terrier named Roofus. We are looking to purchase some miniature goats in the future. Hopefully by next summer and who knows what else will catch our fancy. After living the last 29 years of my life in the city we've finally moved back to the country. We love it and wonder why it took us so long to do it. It's an adventure for us all over again.........yayas9chicks

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] please don't ever underestimate a coyote, fox, raccoon etc, they are cunning and persistent.

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    [​IMG]

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, yayas9chicks, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard!

10. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! I would triple check the coop/run to make sure it's secure. Good luck to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by