Hello from WY! I'm excited to be a part of BYC. I'm a first time chicken person, I'm learning as I

mrsvrussell

In the Brooder
Feb 24, 2016
WY

Welcome to Backyard chickens. I see your flock likes the salad bar. Have your visited the Learning Center, it's a great place to start a chicken education. I also like to recommend the "Raising Backyard chickens," forum.

If you post on your state thread you may find you have chicken folks neighbors. Just put your state thread in the search box and it will pop up.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Pretty birds! Do they have names? They sure look happy!

We are so glad you joined. Feel free to ask any questions; we are happy to help.

Hi and a warm welcome to BYC! Chickens are for sure addictive little things and the first egg i get from my girls is always a special day.

Hope you enjoy being a member of BYC.

All the best
CT

I was so excited to see my picture post!! I looked at the WY posts, so far no one to close to me.
I don't know chicken breeds at all- but my black one is Malificent, she laid the first egg and let's us hold and pet her. Then I have Snow White, Chicken Little, the red chicken, and two grey ones- I just learned the light grey one is actually a little rooster- boy wasn't I surprised when he started cock a do da doing to me one morning!
As you can tell I have a lot to learn but I love them as much as my dogs and cat!

welcome-byc.gif

Pretty flock, thank you for sharing a photo. Will you be keeping your rooster? If so, be prepared to see that little flock grow!

It's nice to have you here!

I was so excited to see my picture post!! I looked at the WY posts, so far no one to close to me.
I don't know chicken breeds at all- but my black one is Malificent, she laid the first egg and let's us hold and pet her. Then I have Snow White, Chicken Little, the red chicken, and two grey ones- I just learned the light grey one is actually a little rooster- boy wasn't I surprised when he started cock a do da doing to me one morning!
As you can tell I have a lot to learn but I love them as much as my dogs and cat!

I love those names!

Back
Top Bottom