Hello guys!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MyLeghorn, Apr 2, 2011.

1. MyLeghorn

MyLeghorn New Egg

Apr 2, 2011
    Hello to all, I'm Tristan I live in Philippines, I'm new in this forum and I joined this forum to know some advice. Well I have a pet chicken that is a broiler, I don't want to dissect for food my chicken because I want to him to be my pet. Before March ends my chicken has a problem, he is sick and I think he has a cold or something,then the next day he can't walk and dosen't eat(When he is still not sick he always hungers for food and stuggle to his house just to get out and eat the food outside his house) so I helped him to eat but he only eats few and later on he sleeps. My chicken can't walk,eat on himself and heavily breathing. I really need some advice and I don't want him to die [​IMG] . I don't know what to do because I'm just a 15 year old kid. Please reply so I know what will I do.I tried to let him take a medicine that is only for colds of humans not animals but it is still not working. I'm sorry a have a bad pronunciation because english is not our language here is Phlippines.hahaha

please help my chicken! [​IMG]

2. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas. I am sorry but if its a meat bird they are not meant to live long lives they are meant to get fat fast and be butchered I am so sorry they have some many health problem from eating so much their legs can't hold their weight, heart problems I am so sorry hopefully someone who has had these birds will post

3. Barbara Kolohe

Barbara Kolohe Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2011
    It's a rooster or a hen? If it's a rooster, do you have fruit on the ground he can eat?

4. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    [​IMG] from Missouri [​IMG]

5. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    [​IMG]

6. MyLeghorn

MyLeghorn New Egg

Apr 2, 2011
    Quote:Its a rooster and I always give him apples,banana etc.

7. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Hmm. as said before, broilers are genetically modified so that they get fat quick, then die off (for best meat and all)
    [​IMG] sorry!

8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Sorry it has to be under these circumstance. Besides the fact he is a broiler, chickens are also a flock animals. He is lonely and needs a friend. Give him some vitamins and electrolytes in his water. Good luck. [​IMG]

9. Northwood Silkies

Northwood Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Northwest Michigan
    [​IMG]

10. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia, Ca and [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by