hello I am new and new to chickens!!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by christychicken, Apr 30, 2016.

1. christychicken

christychicken New Egg

Apr 30, 2016
    My name is Christine I live in st clairsville Ohio we are very new to chickens but I did grow up with puppies cats dogs I live animals
    We bought 13 hens. I made this playpen until are coop is built here are pictures of our babies and the playpen I built and the coop being built by my husband and son in law [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry but the link won't open for me. Just the same, Welcome to Backyard chickens, so glad you joined the flock [​IMG]

3. christychicken

christychicken New Egg

Apr 30, 2016
    Thank you
    How do you get video and photos on here I want to show my baby chick playpen and the coop we are building

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - great to have you join us.

Photos can be uploaded (via computer - dunno how to do it on a phone / tablet) by starting a post, the use the icon that shows two mountain peaks and a sun, drag and drop your photo there. For a video, i believe that it has to have been posted on u-tube or some such site. Using the icon to the right of the "picture icon", click on that and follow instructions.

all the best
    CT

5. burnout95

burnout95 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2016
    Mayfield KY
    Hello welcome um new hear to.and I'm trying to figure out how to upload pics from your smart phone. I'm sure there is a way.

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  7. Thayer

Thayer Just Hatched

May 1, 2016
    I am getting ready to introduce our new chicks to our year old ones. Any advice? We also got two baby duck's it is time to give them a new space. Suggestions please.

8. burnout95

Apr 30, 2016
    Mayfield KY
    One big thing to remember make sure your not mixing roosters with hens that would get ugly fast.

9. burnout95

Apr 30, 2016
    Mayfield KY
    And one thing to remember is when you give your ducks a new place take in consideration that thay are water bird's I'd at least put a kids pool in there space.

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by