Hello i am new!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ramshorn52, Jun 22, 2016.

1. ramshorn52

ramshorn52 New Egg

Apr 2, 2016
    Hi we bought a small farm in Pennsylvania couple years ago. We started out with two Nigerian goats and now have 3 chickens and unfortunately two roosters. Don't get me wrong I love them but would rather have chickens if you know what I mean. I have learned so much from the conversations that go on on this site. Also whenever I have a question regarding my chickens there is always an answer here. Thank goodness!

Maureen

2. uncertainty

uncertainty Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2015
    Great White North
    Hello Maureen. Glad you are here in BYC. I am also raising my first flock, so we will learn together this year. I find this to be a great resource with friendly members.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    :welcome!

Do you mean three hens and two roosters? All hens and roosters are chickens so I'm not sure if you're saying you have three chickens and two of them are roosters or you have five chickens and three are hens and two are roosters.

Either way, you will need to either rehome the roosters (one or both) or get more hens as you need to have five to ten hens per rooster to keep hens from becoming overmated and possibly injured. This is especially true if you have two roosters and one hen.

4. ramshorn52

ramshorn52 New Egg

Apr 2, 2016
    Yes looking for homes for two roosters. Sorry you got confused on my message.Yes I do realize that they are all chickens. Duh.

5. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop

No worries :) You might try posting in your local state thread and see if anyone is looking for a rooster.

6. ramshorn52

ramshorn52 New Egg

Apr 2, 2016

7. Athaid

Athaid Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey Maureen, Welcome to BYC :D I've learnt so much about poultry since signing up to this site, and it's such a nice community - I'm sure you'll love it here. Cya around!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Maureen. Seems like everyone is trying to unload roosters and most of the takers are just looking for a free meal. You could try your local Craig's list, or maybe put up an ad at the feed store.

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

Jun 15, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by