hello, I am new!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Desirai, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Desirai

Desirai Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Alabama
    Hello!!! I'm 23, fresh out of college and living at home. I live on a 5 acre plot of land with my mom and maternal grandparents.

I am 100% brand new to chickens.

I have never had them and currently don't have any, but my project from now til summer is to learn all I can about chickens so I can build a coop in my yard and keep some.

My neighbor recently got chickens and I am in love with them. Every day I go to visit them, so I've decided I definitely need some of my own.

I want to keep them as pets, maybe for eggs.

Um.. can any of you direct me to resources? I've read a lot of the main site, but still have tons of questions.

so hello everyone!

2. brahmakid11

brahmakid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    sitting on the toilet
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC and a new addiction in the making. Feel free to visit our web site as you might find some helpful information on it. I try to update it as often as I have time. Also feel free to ask any questions. You can PM me, contact through the web site or direct email at [email protected]

4. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    [​IMG]

Good luck with your new birds, your'e going to love them! [​IMG]

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Desirai and [​IMG]. Best advice I would have to learn about chickens is just to search the various forums and read - read - read! You will pick up so much info you will be an expert in no time! [​IMG] Best of luck! [​IMG]

8. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Best place to start is the coop design and building section.

[​IMG]

9. Desirai

Desirai Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Alabama
    thank you everyone!! it's nice to meet friendly people

10. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:Welcome to BYC! You've certainly come to the right place to learn about chickens! The best advice is to look through all of the main tabs on the top navigation bar and then read everything you can until you start to feel comfortable that you can anticipate answers to questions asked by others. That's how I learned in the beginning. Join conversations and ask questions that you have. Chicken keeping is SO much fun, you're going to love it!
    We're glad you decided to join us!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by