Hello- I am trying to make my 10 post quota so I can get more chickens

awalker

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 4, 2011
Central TX
big_smile.png

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Not new. Well kind of. We had chickens as I was growing up. My mother loved any and all chickens. My husband and I got some last year so I suppose we are old newbies.

I truly do not want to be annoying and post a million times but otherwise I can't post in the wanted section. Sorry

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Right now we have 7 gorgeous, friendly, huge feathery ladies.

welcome-byc.gif
from MN! I have only had chickens since April of 09. Right now I have 34 adults, two 6 week old chicks, 14 quail, and 41 eggs in the bator. My numbers go up and down throughout the year. Depends on if I sell any or process any. I had 56 chickens in Jan this year.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

When we decided to get some chickens, all kinds of memories floated back. Specifically some not so pleasant of a large white chicken pecking hard when we would reach under her to get her eggs. I told my husband, if we were getting any chickens they would have to be above all nice and not "evil". So we did some research and quickly found this wonderful site. From the breeds list we chose the Orpington.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Let's see. I love to quilt-- or piece to be honest. The only thing I have quilted is a table runner so that doesn't really count. We have horses, so that means we enjoy turning money into manure :) I am an avid history reader and also enjoy some gardening.

Back
Top Bottom