hello i have ducks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by neohiobiker, Apr 9, 2012.

1. neohiobiker

neohiobiker In the Brooder

Apr 9, 2012
    trying this again but short version after wrutting the first intro and hitting send i watch please wait for 20 min
    my kid brought home 10 ducks they are living in my lower level for 3 weeks and i need to get them out what kind of house do they need I have an old dog house and how high a pen
    thanks I'll see if this post takes
    kelley

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Crowing

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
  3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Crowing

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. :thumbsup

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Crowing

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

5. neohiobiker

neohiobiker In the Brooder

Apr 9, 2012
    do I house ducks ? what does a duck house look like>? hi i'm kelley i sent my kid to the store for horse feed and i got `10 baby ducks instead modern day version of jack and the bean sstalk i guess :(
    I've read a lot of post and have learned alot but not how to house them so say keep them inclosed some say not.
    I'm going to weed out the males (should i keep one?) as soon as i figure out who is who I'll be looking for that tail feather thing and someone said they have a tuff on top of their heads correct? I have a loarge dog house that held two labs but will 10 ducks fit in a dog house ? will they want to be in a dog house? i've been told by u folks that they lay anywhere correct? and do it in holes? what id i get a sand pit will they like that ? for egg laying? do i bring them inside in winter? i'm told they freee up di i have to heat the duck house what ever that may be?

help

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Crowing Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. greymane

greymane Songster

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by