Hello! I'm a new member from Connecticut

CatGunChic

Hatching
Sep 22, 2015
Hello everyone!
I'm a new member on this site, though I've been browsing it for a while.
We've been slowly learning about homesteading and trying it out, finding out we love it! Our newest jump into homesteading is chickens! We'll be turning our old shed into a new coop and fencing in an area for them to free range.
I know nothing about chickens so I've been doing a lot of research and trying to pick some good breeds. So far I like the Orpington, Barred Rock, & Astralop. They'll be for eggs.
I also have cats and a dog on over an acre of land, a garden, and hopefully down the road we'll see about adding goats into the mix. :)

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! How exciting for you to be getting started on your new chicken adventures :celebrate I'm sure you will enjoy it very much. It's a great experience, lots of fun and very rewarding too. You have lovely breeds in mind there.

Wishing you the very best of luck getting your coop conversion done. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Welcome to BYC, you will find lots of advise in this site, take it with a grain of salt. There are different opinions and view of how to raise poultry. Some raise them as pets, other raise them for food. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC!

Have you seen the articles in the Learning Center yet? They cover all sorts of poultry topics and can be helpful getting started off on the right foot. And if you have questions, always feel free to ask.

Good luck to you, it's nice to have you join us!

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom