Hello I'm a newbie

Lubuto

In the Brooder
Jan 13, 2018
Zambia
I just recently started keeping chickens, my desire is to grow and become big in this business. I recently bought an egg incubator unfortunately the first eggs I set in which where 60 only 10 hatched, so I was searching for answers on the internet that is how I landed here. I'm very glad to a member of BYC. I'm here to learn more about chickens.

Welcome to BYC! You've come to the right place to learn more, that's for sure. There are plenty of fine folks on here that are glad to answer questions. As for hatching, don't be discouraged. There are so many potential factors that can affect hatch rates and with that being said, hatching in an incubator can really be hit or miss sometimes. So we've all had bad experiences. But it is also great fun and an extremely rewarding experience so try, try again! Best of luck to you!

Welcome to BYC. Sorry your first crop of birds didn't have the success rate we all expect. it will get better the more you learn. If you have any birds that are broody prone, once they go broody let them hatch and raise them. They have had 1000s of years more experience than the best of us do, they know how to hatch chicks and keep them alive. For now enjoy your birds and rest assured, that 99% of your questions can be answered here. If not, your new family here will help you any way they possibly can. Best of luck to you and much chicken love! :jumpy:yesss::thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom