1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello....I'm new from Seguin Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by thedivinemisse, Feb 20, 2015.

1. thedivinemisse

thedivinemisse New Egg

Feb 20, 2015
    Hi, I am new to the forum but I read BYC all the time. I am recovering from a total Flock loss with only one of my 25 Dominic Surviving. Our coop was damaged by a hawks and foxes over a week and a half with one chicken gone a night. Still don't know how they were getting in. I miss my Milo very much (one of the last roosters survived until right before our last freeze. Rebecca is our last and she is very lonely. She will not leave the coop so free range mo longer. [​IMG] on a happier note the new coop is ready and we want to rebuild our flock. We are still moarning our babies since our last flock was a year old before any went missing. Looking for any organic chicks here in the Seguin/San Antonio/Austin area because I hate to have chickies shipped. Thanks.

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    [​IMG]

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

I am so sorry for your losses. Predators can be cruel and you have to outsmart them. They have a lot of time on their hands and will work at something or figure the puzzle out quite easily. So you need to predator proof your coop and run to keep these things out.

Stop by our Predators and Pests forums and ask some questions about your situation there. Maybe someone can help you get it fixed up safely....https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/13/predators-and-pests

Good luck and I hope you can come to a conclusion soon.

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG]

I'm sorry to hear about all of your losses! I hope you can find some replacement chicks in your area.[​IMG] You may be able to find some in the Buy-Sell-Trade section: Buy ~ Sell ~ Trade

7. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    Greetings! Welcome to BYC! Feel free to ask any questions you may have! This site is a great resource, I'm sure you'll find answers to all you questions here. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sounds like you need to beef up your coop before getting new birds. Otherwise you will just continue to feed the predators. Do you free range your birds or keep in a separate outdoor run? If you posted a photo of your coop etc. I'm sure we could offer good suggestions to make it predator proof.

9. Sirius452

Sirius452 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2015
    Welcome. I am in nearby San Antonio. If you keep an eye on craigslist there are 2 or 3 people who post frequently that have tested flocks that they feed organic. That I know of they are not certified organic though. Good Luck with your new birds.

If you find any good organic layer feed in the area I'd appreciate the info. I order mine online.

10. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry for your losses, good luck with your new flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by