Hello, I'm new here!

suziesmommy08

Hatching
10 Years
May 30, 2009
Hello, my name is Helen, I am 25, and married with a 6 month old daughter a dog and a cat, and some baby chicks . . . .

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I just got my chicks about a week ago and I am new to this my husband is not. The comet reds were born on the 18th, the astrolopes were born on the 21st, the other 3 I have are about 3 weeks old, not sure of the birthdays, I just got them from someone on craigslist for a reasonable price, and then my babies coming are gonna be born on the 18th of June.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have 9 as of this moment, in about 3 weeks I am going to have at least 15.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have 3 Golden Comet Reds (or something like that), 3 Black Astrolopes, 2 I am not sure but they are grey with wiggly curly feathers and 5 toes and I know they are some type of bantam, and I have 1 d'anver. I am getting ready to get 2 buff silkies, 2 black silkies, and 2 blue silkies which are all bantams and I also want some Ameraucanas.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

www.Craigslist.com

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I go to church, I am taking a few classes online through a community college, I love spending time with my family, and playing with my daughter. And I love Facebook.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have Fibromyalgia along with some other health issues, so it is difficult to manage everyday activities sometimes, but my husband helps out a lot. I was a CNA before I started having more difficulty, but am hoping to recuperate and become an RN. I have quite a large family on my husbands side, they used to have a large farm, and I hope one day I will be able to have one too, lol. I always say, "Dear Lord, if I don't have one while I'm here, at least let me have one in Heaven and tend the animals up there" LOL.

I look forward to meeting everyone on here and having fun talking about chickens!!! YAY!!! :)

~Helen~

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom