hello I'm new..need help now my pet Chickie is sick. drooling brownish thick fluid out of beak

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bluequakernut, Feb 17, 2014.

1. bluequakernut

bluequakernut New Egg

Feb 17, 2014
    Please is anyone there? Not familiar with site yet..need to talk to someone please..

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  3. ten chicks

ten chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    Could be sour crop. Often sour crop is a result of an impacted crop. Crop may feel squishy often with a foul smell coming from mouth.

Here is a link explaining sour/impacted and pendulous crop.

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/04/answers-from-chicken-vet-on-impacted.html

Note: search forum for treatments regarding sour crop,as several members have used monistat or similar product to successfully treat sour crop.

4. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG] great to have you in the flock [​IMG]

5. Welcome to BYC from Southern California. [​IMG]

6. bluequakernut

bluequakernut New Egg

Feb 17, 2014

7. ten chicks

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    How is your chicken? Did you have a look at link? If you need help with anything let us know.

Do not worry if you post a question on the wrong forum,someone will catch it and repost to correct forum.

8. bluequakernut

bluequakernut New Egg

Feb 17, 2014
    Hi..TC..thanks for askling..Unfortunately.. I have lost her..I was just too
    Upset to get online yesterday..Today..Chickie had a necropsy.. I just finished reading
    It. I still have questions about her, I will ask my friend when he is back in town.I want to find out if his stepdaughter had her vaccinated when she hatched.The diagnosis is Ascites...abdomen full of fluid, possibly due to heart or liver disease, or cancer.Multiple tumors throughout airsacs and abdomen. There is more, I don't think it's necessary to post unless I hear otherwise. I am going in tomorrow for a procedure and when I feel better I want to tell Chickie's story..I had about 6 beautiful
    years with her.She was an amazing bird..She survived a racoon attack, losing a leg and all toes .This situation resulted with her living in the house, which is how we became best buddies.Again, I'd like to thank everyone for caring.

9. ten chicks

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    My condolences,very heartbreaking when our beloved pets die.

You had 6 amazing years with her and what a fighter she must have been to recover from the wounds you mentioned. Chickie sounds like an extraordinary girl and yes,when you are feeling better please tell us Chickie's story,i am very interested to hear all about this little lady.

While this does not ease your pain from her passing,remember that even though you cannot see her,she is always with you. She will be with you when the spring flowers bloom,the gentle rain on a hot summers day,she will be with you when the autumn leaves fall to the ground and when winters white blanket covers the earth. Chickie is now your guardian flock angel and even though you cannot see her,she will be by your side as you take this journey through life.

Take care,i hope your procedure/results go well and in your favour. Chickie is with you!

Today one more chicken angel has been born by the name of Chickie,she is now and for all eternity a guardian flock angel,looking after all the other flocks and her human flock mates.

Sweet dreams,sweet Chickie,until you and your mom meet again. Remember her with smiles not tears,remember her beautiful face,remember..... her love.

~Mia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by