Hello...I'm new to the flock ;)

TripMomma

Chirping
Jan 27, 2015
Oregon
Hi guys! My name is Katrina, I'm in Oregon. We are about to get our first chicks this weekend. I have been thinking about getting into chickens for 2 years now, just kept getting scared off thinking they would be too much work or too hard to keep alive. I have been doing research, and now have 3 friends with chickens...who make it look like no big deal :)

We are just starting off with a mixed flock of 6. I have decided to get one each of...
Ameraucana (supposedly the real deal and not an EE...I don't care either way)
Barred Plymouth Rock
Silver Laced Wyandotte
Salmon Faverolle
Buff Brahma
and a Barnevelder.

I am super excited to learn more here.
Thanks!

Hello and welcome. This is the best website to learn from. It is also a nice place to connect with people who love chickens. Good luck , and if you have any questions feel free to ask. If you just want to share your chicken experiences with us, we are here for that too.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. If your chicks are coming from a hatchery (with the exception of Meyer which does breed true Blue Ameraucanas) they will be Easter Eggers. There's certainly nothing wrong with EEs. Our EEs are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite chickens. She loves their colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with in getting your chicks.

Hi :welcome Katrina
Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your chicks that you are getting :celebrate
The learning centre is a great place to start for your new chicken adventure. Here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

It has some great articles on raising chicks. Wishing you the very best of luck and hope you can post some pics of your new babies!! Enjoy BYC and ask as many questions as you need to :frow

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined the flock! You have picked some lovely breeds, enjoy!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined us.

It sounds like you'll be getting some excellent breeds! I have one Silver Laced Wyandotte, and have really enjoyed her. My Wyandottes have been very good layers and extremely docile and entertaining. Good luck with your future flock!

Back
Top Bottom