Hello! I'm new to the site and to chickens.

Tweetie

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 17, 2015
I've always wanted chickens and now I'm a proud mommy of 4 fluffy little chicks. I spent a lot of time researching the kinds I'd like based on personality and egg production.

I was so excited to see the Black Orpingtons with the Buff Orpintons so I got one of each of them :) I also wanted the awesome blue and or green eggs from the Ameraucana so we got two of them as well. Now I need the weather to clear up so I can build their new home. I'm planning on making it awesome!

Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our BYC "flock".

Your chicks are very cute! Good luck with them.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Lovely chicks you have there. Wishing you the very best of luck with them. Raising chicks is a fantastic experience and very rewarding. Be sure to ask any questions you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly. Hope you can post some pics of their awesome new home.

Enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. You have some great breeds. I've raised Orpingtons for years and they are hardy, friendly and gentle (my children and granddaughter made lap pets of them), and good layers of large, brown eggs. Our Ameraucanas (Easter Eggers) are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite chickens. She loves their colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

You picked some nice chicks, I didn't even know they had Black Orps - maybe it is a Black Australorp which comes from orps too. , and a great laying breed. Glad you joined us at BYC.

Back
Top Bottom