Hello, I'm New!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Copper Creek, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Copper Creek

Copper Creek Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2015
    H,i am new here. Anything I should know about BYC?

2. Caleb999

Caleb999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Not really. Welcome to BYC.

3. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG] You might want to check out the Learning Center, and read the rules of BYC, just in case.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC! One thing that you may find useful to be aware of us is the fact that very little regarding chickens is caste in stone. One member will do things differently than others and thus offer what may appear to be conflicting advice. Its far from foolproof, but when this occurs i tend to go with the advice of members who have been here a long time and are frequent posters.

Its a brilliant site as so many members are more than willing to give advice and support to those in need.

CT

1 person likes this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. The Learning center is the best start to a poultry education. If you put your state name in the search box, it should pop up. Then you can post and see if you have any Bycer's in your neighborhood.

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on Frindizzle and drumstick diva; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. Chookepie

Chookepie Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2015
    Queensland, Australia
    [​IMG]

9. Copper Creek

Nov 10, 2015
    Thank you for all your welcomes and help. It is much appreciated. So far, my favorite thing here is the Other Livestock Section. Although I have chickens, I also have rabbits and sheep etc. It's been a great help.

10. Copper Creek

Nov 10, 2015
    Does anyone know where I can find a chart of something of what chicken lays what color of egg?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by