Hello: Just a "noob" from Blind River Ontario Canada.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Purruchicks, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Hello to all you chickens out there! Please do not misenterpret that. I just want to include any chickens that may be following eh! Well, just arrived at these pages. I am doing some articles on new building techniques, well, old actually, but what goes around comes around, as they say! Sustainability and self sufficiency, is my main interest now. Retired. Says it all- nothing much to do; but still wanting inspiration. I am looking at building a new/old straw bale house up here (off the grid) No, I will not be roughing it. Solar power, well water, internet, phew.. what else do you need? Food of course. This is where the chicken thing comes in. Not new to these little critters, who reward you for sparing their lives by giving the "gift" of their eggs for so little loving care. You could survive on eggs, bread, milk and water. Throw in a few veggies into that diet and you've got good health happening. But enough for now. Hi to you all. If you have any questions about hearth and home or self sufficiency let me know .. the advice is now free. I am retired remember. I'll be back. DHL web: www.housexperts.org also a member of Web Pages.

2. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!!
    [​IMG]
    Glad you joined us!

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Chickens are great for a self sufficient lifestyle. And they are wonderful pets. Have you checked out our sister site:

http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/

5. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Purruchicks, and [​IMG]! Great to have you here!! [​IMG]

8. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] from California!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by