Hello just wanted to say thanks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lucyducky, Jul 31, 2013.

1. lucyducky

lucyducky New Egg

Jul 31, 2013
    Hi, I enjoy reading all of the posts about people's experiences with their chickens, ducks and geese.

I acquired my duck at a golf course where my son was playing. I was outside having a smoke when a slightly intoxicated woman handed a tiny duckling to an employee in a golf cart. She said she found it in the parking lot.... the young fellow that was holding the duck was looking very helpless so I walked over and asked him if he needed some help. I put the little bird into my coat and we went driving around looking for ducks.

2. WaterfowlWierdo

WaterfowlWierdo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    Oh Fun, I had a duck once that my brother brought home! You might want to check with the laws around your area but you could just do a dont ask dont tell thing [​IMG] Could you post a picture of him?

3. Mehjr10

Mehjr10 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2012
    Moscow, TN
    Welcome to BYC ! From West TN ! Good stuff here as you have already discovered.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, luckducky, and [​IMG]! Great to have you with us! Best of luck to you and your golf course duck!

6. lucyducky

lucyducky New Egg

Jul 31, 2013
    Thanks everyone :) I would have to say that if anyone asked me last year if I would ever have a duck, I would have said they were crazy... lol

On my way home with little duck, I googled what to feed her and what to expect. I didn't know however that ducks imprint so strongly. I was going to take to a rehab place on the monday (found on the saturday) but alas it was too late. I was it's Mom :) I absoluetly LOVE this duck.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

8. lucyducky

lucyducky New Egg

Jul 31, 2013
    I am also allowed to have up to 30 ducks in my Municipality so all is good there. I live on Three acres out of town. Ducks siblings consist of my Children (ages 14 and 13 years) three dogs, three cats and 4 horses. All co-exist beautifully!!!

9. lucyducky

lucyducky New Egg

Jul 31, 2013
    My vet (not avian) has met Lucy and is willing to treat her if needed. The Avian vet will take her away because she is a "wild Mallard" and it is illegal for me to "own" her. I don't own my duck. She lives with us and has all the freedom in the world. She is never confined (at night she sleeps in the house) and flies around as she pleases.

10. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by