Hello! Looking forward to getting my first chickens!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by L2fly, Mar 20, 2017.

1. L2fly

L2fly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2017
    Central Valley, CA
    Hi everyone, I've been using this board for doing a lot of research before I get my birds, so thought I'd introduce myself. I'm in the Central Valley, CA, and have a decent backyard for being in a neighborhood. I also recently made some diet changes, motivated by my feelings about the current conditions in factory farming, and I'm going to raise some chickens to have a supply of cruelty-free eggs, fresh from my back yard! I've built my coop (a kit from TSC) and am currently researching the best breeds for my needs. I look forward to talking to everyone about raising happy birds!

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! How exciting for you to be getting your new chicken adventures started :clap It sure does sound like you are looking forward to getting this new venture underway and there really is nothing better than fresh eggs from your own chickens.

Good luck for the future and enjoy your time here on BYC. I'm sure you will enjoy all the chicken chat :frow

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  4. Fuzzyrules

Fuzzyrules Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2016
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under L2fly [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received links to some great starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

6. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC - so glad you've joined the flock!

7. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us!

8. L2fly

L2fly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2017
    Central Valley, CA
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone! [​IMG]

9. DeYoungs

DeYoungs Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2017
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Enjoy and have a blast.

10. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to BYC! I am quite glad you joined us, please make yourself at home, I think you are going to like it here! :frow

~Cuz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by